Member Benefits & Services
Neighbors Network Members enjoy both tangible and intangible benefits. Assistance provided by Neighbors Network volunteers and referred providers may result in cost savings, while other benefits offer comfort, peace of mind, social connections, new learning, and reduced stress. Listed below are some of the benefits available to members.
These are some of the benefits brought to you by our trusted, background-checked Volunteers.
- minor home repairs
- troubleshooting home maintenance issues
- helping with computers, TV remotes, and cell phones
- organizing computer files and e-mail
- changing light bulbs and smoke detector batteries
- organizing closets, storage areas, or the garage
- friendly visits and reassurance calls
- getting a guest room ready for visitors
- reading or helping with mail, etc.
- picking up and returning library books; organizing books
- picking up and deliver items for donation, or to be shredded
- driving to do food shopping plus assistance as needed
- assisting with planning a party
- accompanying you and your pet to a vet visit
- hanging pictures and assist with holiday decor
- moving furniture, boxes, and bulky items
- delivering meals during times of need
- light garden chores; seasonal tidying up the patio
- driving to or from a medical appointment
Access to other Service Providers
Some tasks may be beyond a Volunteer’s skill or experience, so Neighbors Network provides our Members?with access to quality service providers for a variety of home maintenance and personal tasks. We only refer service providers who have been referred to us by Members, Volunteers and others in the community who have been satisfied with their services. It is the Member’s responsibility to contact these providers to compare fees and services, arrange for services, and make payment.
Access to Health and Home Care Providers
Neighbors Network’s Affinity Partner, Share the Care, maintains a network of screened health and home careproviders. To access a provider, Neighbors Network Members can go through Share the Care’s free, online caregiver assessment known as Caregiver Central at www.caregivercentral.org. It is the Member’s responsibility to contact these providers to compare fees and services, arrange for services, and make payment.
Programs and Activities
Our Monthly Calendar (click here)?is a Member benefit and Volunteers are always welcome to join us. Activities include:
- Theatre Goers – half-price tickets for our group attending local live theatre
- Walk in the Park monthly walking group at Lake Lily in Maitland (except July & August)
- Monthly Lunch Out group get together (everyone pays for themselves)
- Museum visits, special events and seasonal get togethers
- Service Specials include Mattress Flipping in the Fall and Spring and Holiday Decor Team Visits in December
Through our Partners, Community Supporters and other local organizations, Neighbors Network occasionally hosts and often informs Members about programs and activities happening in the area.
Neighbors Network offers Members the opportunity to give of their time and talents to other Members in ways that are meaningful, yet comfortable for them. Our Member-Volunteers are recognized for their contribution at a Volunteer Appreciation Event.
Neighbors Network News
Regular information about events and community activities is shared with Members through our: