COVID-19 Guidelines for Neighbors Network Volunteers and Members (June, 2020)
Neighbors Network Guidelines were developed using the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and Orange County Health Department recommendations. It is our ultimate goal that all of our Members and Volunteers remain safe and well during this time.
- Information has been shared with Members and Volunteers stressing frequent, careful handwashing, the importance of social distancing, sanitizing practices and wearing face masks.
- Volunteer services are currently limited to ESSENTIAL SERVICES. These include: picking up groceries or pharmacy items and delivering them to Members and the pre-planned transportation of Members who are not sick to and from essential medical or dental appointments or procedures.
- RIDE SERVICE PROCEDURES:
- Rides requests are pre-planned and necessary.
- The Volunteer calls the Member for assurance that neither the Member or the Volunteer is exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
- The Member sits in the opposite side of the back seat, which has been sanitized.
- The Volunteer (unless it is physically necessary) does not accompany the Member into the doctor’s waiting room or store.
- By pre-arrangement, the Member calls or texts the Volunteer when ready to leave for home.
- SOCIAL ACTIVITIES:
- All in-person, indoor social activities have been put on hold.
- Occasional outdoor activities may be planned as conditions allow for a group of 10 or fewer Members, with social distancing and wearing masks. (Examples: Walk in the Park, Lake Lily bring-your-own picnic).
- Those activities that can be provided using ZOOM technology have been adapted and will continue to be encouraged (Book Club, Lunch-In, Happy Hour, etc…)
- Individual museum visits and local outings may be arranged by appointment as such events become available, keeping social distancing and mask-wearing.
- Local live theatre productions have been closed until January at the earliest.
- Any concerns about these Guidelines should be communicated to Volunteer Coordinator Dee at 407-916-9675.
Appendix C to the Volunteer Handbook 2020