Revised COVID-19 Guidelines – Neighbors Network Volunteers & Members (June, 2021)
Neighbors Network Local Guidelines are developed and updated based on the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and Orange County Health Department recommendations. COVID-19 vaccines are effective at protecting you from getting sick. Based on what is known about COVID-19 vaccines, people who have been fully vaccinated can start to do some things that they had stopped doing because of the pandemic. We are still learning how vaccines will affect the spread of COVID-19.
- In general, people are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as J&J’s Janssen vaccine.
- When you’ve been fully vaccinated – you can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart, and you can gather or conduct activities outdoors without wearing a mask except in certain crowded settings and venues. (April, 2021 CDC)
- Vaccination Policy. All active Members and active Volunteers of Neighbors Network have been vaccinated. Vaccination is required for new Members and new Volunteers.
- Volunteer Services will be carefully expanding over the Summer beyond the basic essential services we have been providing and will include a broader range of social activities, community gatherings and personal services. In-home volunteer service requests will be available as Volunteers become willing and available.
- RIDE SERVICE PROCEDURES:
- Rides are pre-planned and requested one week or more ahead of the service date.
- If a second quick stop is necessary (such as: post office, library, pharmacy) the Member will include this in the request.
- Masks are not required, however, if a Member requests a mask be worn, we honor it. Member may sit in the front seat.
- The Volunteer is generally not needed to accompany the Member into the physician’s or dentist’s waiting room unless by prior arrangement.
- The Member calls or texts the Volunteer when ready to leave for home.
- SOCIAL ACTIVITIES:
- Outdoor activities will resume and follow the protocols in selected venues. At this time, no family members or personal guests are included unless fully vaccinated. (Examples: Walk in the Park, Leu Gardens visit, Birds of Prey Center, etc.)
- Group tickets to local, live theatre productions will resume based on protocols at those venues.
- Various celebrations like NN Pot Luck and other events will be scheduled; no guests at this time.
- Book Club, Lunch Out, etc., will be carefully scheduled through the Summer.
- A selection of “virtual” activities will be planned during the Summer and will resume in the Fall.
Any questions about these Guidelines should be communicated to:
Volunteer Coordinator Dee Lorow at email@example.com or 407-916-9675.
Appendix C to the Volunteer Handbook 2021