COVID-19 Guidelines for Neighbors Network Volunteers and Members (November 2020)
Neighbors Network Local Guidelines were developed and updated based on the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and Orange County Health Department recommendations. Current local data shows rising infections and hospitalizations; it is our ultimate goal that all of our Members and Volunteers remain safe and well during this time. (Fall 2020 update).
- Information has been shared with Members and Volunteers stressing frequent, careful handwashing, the importance of social distancing, avoiding group events, sanitizing practices and wearing face masks.
- Volunteer services are currently limited to ESSENTIAL SERVICES. These include picking up groceries or pharmacy items and delivering them to Members and the pre-planned transportation of Members who are not sick to and from essential medical or dental appointments or procedures. Social distancing and required masks also allow for limited PERSONAL SERVICES such as personal organization tasks and small repairs.
- RIDE SERVICE PROCEDURES:
- Rides requests are pre-planned and necessary.
- The Volunteer calls the Member for assurance that neither the Member nor the Volunteer is exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
- The Member sits in the opposite side of the back seat, which has been sanitized.
- The Volunteer (unless it is physically necessary and pre-arranged) does not accompany the Member into the physician’s or dentist’s waiting room.
- By pre-arrangement, the Member calls or texts the Volunteer when ready to leave for home.
- SOCIAL ACTIVITIES:
- All in-person, indoor social activities continue to be on hold.
- Occasional outdoor activities may be planned as conditions allow for a group of 10 or fewer Members/Volunteers, with social distancing and wearing masks. (Examples: Walk in the Park, Lake Lily bring-your-own picnic).
- Those activities that can be provided using ZOOM technology have been adapted and will continue to be encouraged (Book Club, Lunch-In, Happy Hour, etc.) NOTE: Currently, fewer than half our membership takes advantage of Zoom gatherings. Our hope is to enable more Members to take part.
- New virtual events are being planned, including In Sheryl’s Kitchen and other special programs.
- Individual museum visits and similar local outings may be arranged by appointment as such special events become available, keeping social distancing and mask-wearing as a priority.
- Local, live, indoor theatre outings are not on our calendar until further notice.
- THE NEED FOR QUARANTINE: A 10-day quarantine or a negative COVID test is recommended after a hospital or rehab center stay or out-of-country travel to assure the safety of both Members and Volunteers.
Any questions about these Guidelines should be communicated to Volunteer Coordinator Dee at 407-916-9675 or Dee@NeighborsNetworkFL.org.
Appendix C to the Volunteer Handbook 2020